Cognitive Coaching and Teaching Intelligent Behaviors: Habits of Mind
Dr. Arthur L. Costa is a Professor of Education, Emeritus from California State University Sacramento. Dr. Costa specializes in helping educators teach students higher level thinking skills. He has taught graduate courses focusing on curriculum, supervision, and the improvement of instruction.
Dr. Costa has written and edited several books and numerous articles on thinking skills, teaching strategies, and supervision. He has made presentations and conducted workshops across the United States and around the world. Dr. Costa uses his vast knowledge to help administrators and teachers understand the importance of developing students’ thinking skills. His practical, concrete methods assist educators in transferring theory into classroom practice.
Dr. Costa has served as president of the California Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development and as president of the national ASCD. In addition, he has taught in public schools, worked as a curriculum consultant in the Los Angeles County Superintendent of Schools’ Office, served as Director of Educational Programs for the National Aeronautics and Space Administration for the Western States, and was Assistant Superintendent of Sacramento County Schools.
Through our products featuring Dr. Arthur L. Costa your system will:
- Discover the conditions necessary for implementation of thinking skills curriculum.
- Explore the need for students to develop problem solving skills.
- Foster a nurturing school improvement plan for intellectual growth.
- Learn the model of Cognitive Coaching and see how coaches become mediators of thinking.
- Explore why teachers who are more reflective have students who learn more.
- Examine the Coaching Cycle.
- Learn how to apply Cognitive Coaching in a variety of situations.
To view Dr. Costa’s professional development videos, and to get PD resources prepared by dozens of the top experts in education, sign up for a free 30-day trial of Edivate. As part of your free trial, you will receive unlimited access to over 1,800 professional development training videos, and become a lifetime member of the largest community of verified educators in the world!